Please login or register. March 02, 2015, 11:29:16 AM

Advertisement

Author Topic: The Yak Attack  (Read 513 times)

Harry_Simms

• View Profile
The Yak Attack
« on: March 07, 2014, 10:41:27 AM »
Hey everyone. My name is Harry Simms. I was recently informed of this site from a family friend (wareZ). He said I should stop on by and help get this thing started.

I am from Georgetown in Brown county. I typically fish in lakes, rivers and streams in the Brown/Adams/Highland county areas.

This long winter is killing me, I am getting cabin fever. If you ever see me out on the water feel free to come up and say hi.

I have been an avid Kayak fisherman all my life, I recently purchased a practically brand new Yak form my brother Brett.  Here are some pics of my Yak. These are from last fall so its rigged up with all my brothers stuff, we havent had a decent day to take pictures this year yet.

2013 Hobie Pro Angler 14 footer

Kayak fisher for life!

TroutMouth

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Yak Attack
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 10:54:52 AM »
Welcome to the community Harry. I really like that kayak. I've been in the market for one for a whole but always have been too tall.

I've just started looking into the ride on top ones but so far haven't made a purchase.

Enjoy your time here and don't hesitate to PM me if you need anything.
TroutMouth
Administrator
Member Since 3/2014

Harry_Simms

• View Profile
Re: The Yak Attack
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 11:07:18 AM »
I have some tall buddies who like to Yak fish. I believe they had to resort to getting 12+ foot kayaks. If your worried about stability you can also opt to get kayak specifically made for ocean surf. Thats my personal suggestion for Big and Tall folks.
Kayak fisher for life!

Advertisement